Europa League Final, Friends Arena, Stockholm 7.45pm
On Wednesday 24th May, Manchester United will face off with Dutch giants, Ajax, in the UEFA Europa League final at the Stockholm Friends Arena.
After a disappointing Premier League campaign, Jose Mourinho recently admitted to turning his attention towards the Europa League in a last effort to win silverware in his first season at Old Trafford.
Meanwhile, Ajax have been impressing this season in the Eredivisie finishing one point behind champions, Feyenoord. Fielding extremely young starting elevens throughout the season, the future is looking very bright in Amsterdam, even if they do fail to hoist the trophy into the air on Wednesday night. From their 27-man squad, the average age is an astounding 22 years and 7 months. Their Danish striker, Kasper Dolberg, has stolen headlines this season. His attacking prowess and energy up front has seen him score 6 goals in the Europa League this season; an impressive feat for a 19-year-old. Will the young Dane lead his team to European glory?
Skybet Anytime Goalscorer – Kasper Dolberg to score anytime in 90 mins – 9/4
Jose Mourinho hasn’t hidden the fact he’s been resting players for the final, having fielded Manchester United’s youngest ever starting eleven on the weekend against Crystal Palace in preparation for the Stockholm trip. The match could be a battle of the youth, as 19-year-old Marcus Rashford is tipped to be starting up front after an impressive performance in the semi-final tie with Celta Vigo. The Englishman scored a splendid freekick in the away leg of the semi-final and is gaining wide recognition for his impact on the ‘Red Devils’ this season. Can Rashford continue to write history and help Manchester United to that much-craved silverware?
Skybet Anytime Goalscorer – Marcus Rashford to score anytime in 90 mins – 13/8
Having been depleted with injuries for much of the season, nothing has changed for Jose Mourinho. Manchester United are without noticeable characters; Marcus Rojo, Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Bailly is serving a ban he was handed after his red card incident in the second leg of their semi-final tie with Celta Vigo.
With their Swedish talisman having to watch from the side-lines in his home country, key attackers such as Anthony Martial and Henrik Mkhitaryan will have to fill those big Swedish boots. Can Manchester United find the back of the net without Zlatan?
Skybet To Score – Manchester United to score 2+ Goals in 90 mins – Evens
On the other hand, Ajax have no fresh injury worries with ex- Ajax legend Patrick Kluivert’s son, Justin, being expected to start on the wing for the Dutch outfit.
As aforementioned, Ajax will be fielding one of the youngest ever sides in a European final. One of those young prospects is Chelsea loanee, Bertrand Traore, who is expected to start on the other wing for Ajax.
Can this young, fearless Ajax squad cause a major upset to the colossal club of Manchester United?
Skybet To Lift The Trophy – Ajax – 7/4
- Skybet Price Boost – Marcus Rashford to score first – 11/2
- Skybet Price Boost – Bertrand Traore to score and Ajax to win in 90 mins – 10/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Marcus Rashford to score first and Manchester Utd to win 2-1 – 40/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Bertrand Traore to score first and either Ajax to win 2-0 or Ajax to win 2-1 – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – 5+ corners each team and 20+ booking pts each team – 9/2
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Dolberg to score, BTTS, over 2.5 goals and Under 60 match booking pts – 6/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Rashford & Pogba to score, Manchester Utd to win and over 2.5 goals – 14/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Traore & Dolberg to score, Ajax to win and over 2.5 goals – 22/1
- Skybet RequestAbet – 33/1 to 66/1 – BTTS and Klaassen, Veltman & Sanchez to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet – 33/1 to 66/1 – Traore to score, over 2.5 goals and Darmian & de Ligt to be carded – 50/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Rashford & Mkhitaryan to score and Valencia & Traore to be carded – 80/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Klaassen & Dolberg to score and Pogba & Darmian to be carded – 125/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Traore & Rashford to score, 4+ corners each team and Veltman & Pogba to be carded – 150/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Pogba to score from outside the penalty area and Ajax to miss a penalty – 250/1
Following the recent, tragic events in Manchester, UEFA have agreed for the match to go forward and have increased security for the fixture. A win for Manchester United would be a huge boost to the city which at this time, is in a state of worry and grieving for those who lost their lives in the attack at a music concert on Monday night. All of us here at Betalyst have the families and friends affected by the attacks in our thoughts and prayers and wish a swift recovery for the injured.