Manchester City vs Leicester City – Match Preview
FA Premier League, Etihad Stadium, Manchester 12.30pm
Manchester City host current Premier League champions, Leicester City, this Saturday at the Etihad Stadium. City will look to leapfrog Liverpool who are currently occupying third in the Premier League; one point above ‘the Sky Blues’. A draw will see Pep Guardiola’s men jump to third as they have a superior goal difference to their northern neighbours.
As for the visitors, they have won their previous two matches away at West Brom and at home to Watford which has seen them enter the top half of the table. A win for the visitors could see them overtake their midlands rivals, West Brom, if they fail to get any points in their Friday night football clash with Chelsea. There have been over 2.5 goals in 22 of Leicester’s 35 Premier League matches this campaign, will it become 23 matches with over 2.5 goals this Saturday?
Skybet Under/Over 2.5 Goals – Over 2.5 Goals in 90 mins – 4/11
Pep Guardiola is without some star-men for the match this Saturday. Claudio Bravo and Ilkay Gundogan are both unavailable with their long-term injuries.
Sergio Aguero and John Stones will both face fitness tests before the match for their injuries which could leave Guardiola in a tough spot with team selection. If the two are declared unfit, will Manchester City still overcome the current champions?
Skybet Full Time Result – Manchester City to Win – 1/4
Leicester City manager, Craig Shakespeare, could face a big issue with his defensive options as his squad has taken a big blow following Wes Morgan’s injury. Robert Huth is doubtful with a foot problem which could leave Shakespeare depleted of his defensive options.
Defensive midfielder, Danny Drinkwater, will also miss the rest of the season with a thigh injury. Will the lack of defensive options for Shakespeare prove too much against a clinical Manchester City attack?
Skybet To Score – Manchester City To Score 2+ Goals – 1/5
With the race for Champions League qualification heating up, Guardiola’s men will be looking to this fixture as a ‘must-win’ match. A win would leave their European qualification bid in their own hands. Meanwhile, Leicester will be aiming for a top eight finish after the dreadful performances and relegation worries they had before Shakespeare was appointed. Liverpool and Manchester United will be hoping for a slip-up from Manchester City, but will their class shine through to help them gain Champions League football next year?
- Skybet Price Boost – Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane both to score in 90 mins – 7/2
- Skybet Price Boost – Gabriel Jesus to score a brace – 3/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Yaya Toure to score first and Manchester City to win 3-0 – 60/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Shinji Okazaki to score first and either Draw 1-1 or Leicester to win 2-1 – 85/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Gabriel Jesus to score, Manchester City to win, over 2.5 goals and 20+ booking pts each team – 11/2
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Sterling to score, Manchester City to win, over 2.5 goals and 30+ Leicester booking pts – 8/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – De Bruyne to score, Manchester City to win, over 2.5 goals and Fernandinho to be carded – 12/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Sane, De Bruyne, Gabriel Jesus & Sterling to score – 28/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Gabriel Jesus to score, Manchester City to win and Ndidi & Vardy to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Gabriel Jesus & De Bruyne to score and Otamendi & Vardy to be carded – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Vardy & Mahrez to score and Fernandinho & Otamendi to be carded – 200/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Gabriel Jesus to score, Manchester City 4-0 and Ndidi & Toure to be carded – 300/1
- Skybet Player Card Accumulator – Fernandinho and Nicolas Otamendi both to be carded – 18/1
- Skybet Both Players to Score – Gabriel Jesus and Jamie Vardy both to score – 7/2