Manchester United vs Celta Vigo – Match Preview
Europa League, Semi Final 2nd Leg, Old Trafford, Manchester 8.05pm
Manchester United host Spanish side, Celta Vigo, in the second leg of their UEFA Europa League semi-final tie. United have the upper hand, having won the first leg 1-0 with a superb Marcus Rashford freekick.
This season’s Premier League campaign has been a disappointing one for Manchester United and their fans, as the appointment of Jose Mourinho hasn’t had the desired effect so far. United fans have now turned to the Europa League as their answer to silverware for the season. Will Manchester United and Mourinho lift the Europa League trophy?
Skybet Outright Winner – Manchester United – 4/7
Celta Vigo are heading into this second leg in ghastly form. The ‘Célticos’ have lost their last five matches in all competitions, scoring just one goal from the penalty spot. The Spanish side will have to score at least once to take the match to extra time, if the home side fail to find the back of the net. The Spanish outfit looked unorganised and tactically dumfounded in the first leg; they were lucky the score line wasn’t more drastic. With their league campaign all but dead, can they keep their season alive and reach the final of the Europa League?
Skybet To Qualify – Celta Vigo – 11/2
Jose Mourinho’s injury woes continue to put a dent in his all-star squad. The home side will be without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Marcus Rojo, Luke Shaw, Ashley Young and Timothy Fosu-Mensah who will all be watching from the stands.
A boost for Mourinho is that £30 million defender Eric Bailly is on his way back to fitness after picking up a knock in the Premier League. Will United’s defensive reinforcements be enough to keep Celta Vigo at bay?
Skybet To Keep a Clean Sheet – Manchester United – Evens
Celta Vigo coach, Eduardo Berizzo, has a much smaller list of injured players to deal with. Striker, Giuseppe Rossi is still serving his long spell on the side-lines with cruciate ligament damage.
Berizzo is likely to name a similar side to the one that lost the first leg in a 4-3-3 formation. Number nine, John Guidetti, should spearhead the Celta Vigo attack and will be key if they are to get anything from the visit to Old Trafford.
Skybet Anytime Goalscorer – John Guidetti – 5/2
- Skybet Price Boost – Henrikh Mkhitaryan to score first – 6/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera both to be carded – 8/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Jesse Lingard to score first and Manchester Utd to win 2-0 – 40/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – John Guidetti to score first and either Celta Vigo to win 2-0 or Draw 1-1 – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – A goal in each half and 4+ corners in each half – 2/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Rashford to score, Manchester Utd to win, over 2.5 goals and Under 70 match booking pts – 4/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – 8+ Manchester Utd corners and 40+ Celta Vigo booking pts – 11/2
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Mata to score, Manchester Utd to win, BTTS and Aspas to be carded – 16/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Mkhitaryan & Rashford to score and Fellaini & Mallo to be carded – 28/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – BTTS and Guidetti, Darmian & Lingard to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Hernandez to score, over 2.5 goals and Mallo & Roncaglia to be carded – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – BTTS and Jones, Guidetti & Blind to be carded – 100/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Draw 2-2 and Radoja, Bailly & Darmian to be carded – 400/1
- Featured RequestAbet – Rashford to score first, 4+ corners each team and Cabral to be carded – 25/1
- Skybet Player Card Accumulator – Matteo Darmian and Gustavo Cabral to be carded – 7/1