Queens Park Rangers vs Brentford – Match Preview – QPR host East London rivals Brentford on Monday night in EFL Championship action.
Both sides have had a similar ride this season, with only two points separating Ian Holloway’s and Dean Smith’s clubs.
The hosts travelled to Derby in midweek in their previous outing and were beaten 2-0 thanks to goals from Matej Vydra and Tom Lawrence. Brentford didn’t fare much brighter, drawing 1-1 with relegation zone side, Burton Albion.
Queens Park Rangers enter the fixture in dire form having lost their last three matches. A 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Nottingham Forest and a 2-1 loss to Aston Villa before the Derby match wont fill Holloway or the QPR fans with much confidence. Not only have results not been on their side recently but neither have injuries. They are without Grant Hall, Nedum Onuoha and James Perch who are vital players in the current squad.
Attacker Jamie Mackie has been the brightest force thus far for QPR, scoring 4 goals this campaign. The 32-year-old Scotsman helped his side take the lead against Aston Villa, but it was unfortunately not enough. A strong aerial presence and skill with the ball at his feet, Mackie could be a nuisance for the Brentford defenders.
Dean Smith will be hoping for a more clinical performance from his side after dominating the match at home to Burton only to claim one point. Brentford haven’t had much trouble in front of goal for much of the season however, having accumulated 26 goals from 18 matches. Their sub-par defending at times has cost them points that would see them a lot higher in the table if they were cut out. With 24 goals conceded, the focus in training this week has surely been defending.
Arguably, Brentford possess the talent to overcome this QPR side. One of those talents is attacking player Ollie Watkins. The Englishman has accumulated six goals so far with an assist too. He has pace to burn and could be the difference on Monday night.
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Florian Jozefzoon to score first and Brentford to win 3-1 – 125/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Brentford to score 2+ goals, 6+ QPR corners and 20+ QPR booking pts – 9/2
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Watkins to score, Brentford to win, over 2.5 goals and 8+ QPR corners – 20/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – BTTS and Lynch, Bidwell & Robinson to be carded – 66/1
- Bet365 – Correct Score – 2-2 –
- Bet365 – Alternative Total Goals – Over 3.5 Goals in 90 mins –