Wolves vs Newcastle United
Monday 11th February 2019
FA Premier League, Molineux
Live on Sky Sports Main Event – Kick-Off: 20:00 GMT
This Monday night will see a Premier League clash between Wolves and Newcastle United.
The hosts have really impressed this season after promotion from the championship last season as they currently sit in 7th. Meanwhile, recent form has helped Newcastle get out the relegation zone however they are still just two points from the drop.
Wolves are favourites for this match and are priced by SkyBet at 7/10 to win. The midlands-based club have been very impressive in recent weeks. They are unbeaten in five matches in al competitions. Much of this is thanks to their presence in front of goal. Mexican loanee Raul Jiminez has been the main man in front of goal and has bagged 9 goals for the season. He is priced at 11/8 to score anytime.
Despite their impressive showing, they have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 matches. They are priced at 3/1 to win and both teams to score.
Newcastle are priced at 9/2 to grab three points away from home. Rafa Benitez’ side have managed with a tough run of fixtures rather well. Their recent loss to Spurs will be easily forgotten as their 2-1 victory over Man City is still fresh in the fan’s memories. Amongst the goals in that famous victory was striker Salomon Rondon. He currently has six goals this season and hasn’t even played the full season. SkyBet have priced him at 23/10 to score anytime and is also 5/4 to have a total of 3 or more shots.
Defensively, Newcastle have struggled this season. They have conceded 33 goals in 25 matches and managed just one clean sheet in their last seven outings. They are 11/1 to win and for both teams to score.
The referee for this match will be Graham Scott. The official has been rather lenient this season and has averaged 31 booking points in his 5 Premier League matches in charge.
Wolves vs Newcastle United will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Main Event HD and kicks off at 20:00.
Prediction: Wolves 2 – 1 Newcastle United
The home side are too strong for the resilient visitors.
Suggested Tips – Wolves vs Newcastle United – (BET365):
- Correct score: Wolves to win 2-1 – (link no longer available).
- Anytime Goalscorer – Raul Jimenez – (link no longer available). (NB).
Suggested Tips – Wolves vs Newcastle United – (SKYBET):
- Correct Score Group Betting – Wolves to win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 – 6/4.
- Popular RequestABet- Jimenez to score a header and Newcastle to miss a penalty – 250/1.
- Popular RequestABet – Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Ayoze Perez and Matt Ritchie to have 5+ shots on target between them – 18/1.
- Previous RequestABet Winners – Wolves 2-1, 10+ match corners and 20+ booking points each team – 40/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Jimenez & Rondon to score a header – 100/1.
- Previous RequestABet Winners – Over 1.5 goals, 6+ Wolves corners, 4+ Newcastle corners and 10+ booking points each team – 5/1. (NAP).
Odds and markets last updated on Monday 11th February @18:40 GMT. Keep checking back to see if there’s any updates to markets – the time stamp in the previous sentence for when we update tips on this page will be updated.
Remember to keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and betting previews around this weeks return of European action which will see Manchester United, Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal all in action.