Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid
Wednesday 25th April 2018
UEFA Champions League, Semi-final, First Leg, The Allianz Arena
Live BT Sport 1 – Kick-Off: 19:45
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid: Two of Europe’s heavyweights go toe to toe for a place in the final in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final tie.
Bayern come into this game having beaten Sevilla in the last round. Despite knocking out Manchester United in the round of 16, the Spanish side couldn’t muster a way past Jupp Heynckes’ side. Having secured their sixth consecutive Bundesliga title, the club announced that Eintracht Frankfurt manager Niko Kovac will take over at the end of the season. With that in mind, Heynckes will be hoping to leave the club on a high and with a sixth European cup to boot. The last time the German side won the competition was under his reign, back in 2013. That could prove a lucky charm as they aim to reach only a second final since that win. Bayern have won six of their last seven games in all competitions. Their last defeat came over a month ago against RB Leipzig.
Real Madrid sealed their place in the last four following a dramatic 4-3 aggregate win over Juventus. Having broken history by retaining the Champions League, Ronaldo and co have their eyes set on a third title in as many years. Despite their improved form in the league, they have won one of their last three games and were held to a 1-1 draw at the weekend. With the league title gone but the top four secured, Zinedine Zidane can focus all his attention on this huge game. Sergio Ramos is set to return from suspension, meaning all eyes will be on the Frenchman’s choice in attack. Isco, Kareem Benzema and Lucas Vasquez are all seemingly ahead of Gareth Bale in the pecking order, the Welshman will have to hope to make an impact from the bench.
Bjorn Kuipers will be the referee on Wednesday night. The Dutchman plies his trade in the Eredivisie and has an average cards per match total of 4.33. This includes 61 yellow cards in 15 games, which is the second highest in the league. Therefore, I would advise a maximum match booking points total of 40+.
This should be a fantastic cup tie. When two sides of this stature meet, there is usually little disappointment. I think that Madrid have to be favourites for the tie and I fancy them to get a draw in Germany.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid will be televised live in the UK on BT Sports 1 with kick-off at 19:45 GMT.
Prediction: Bayern 1-1 Madrid.
Suggested tips – Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (BET365):
- Correct score, draw 1-1 – (link no longer available).
- Lewandowski to score first – (link no longer available).
Suggested tips – Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid (SKYBET):
- Ronaldo to score and Madrid to win – 11/4.
- RequestABet upto 10/1 – Over 1.5 Goals, 5+ Bayern Munich Corners, 3+ Real Madrid Corners, and 10+ booking points each team – 5/4 (NB 2).
- Player Shots on Target Multiples – Thomas Muller and Ronaldo to have 1+ shots on target each – 1/1. (NAP)
- @FootyAccums RequestABets – Ronaldo to score, Real Madrid to Win, BTTS, 8+ Match Corners & Ramos to be carded – 12/1 (NB).
- RequestABet upto 10/1 – Over 1.5 Goals, 4+ Corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 3/1 (NB3).
- RequestABet 80/1 and above – Draw, BTTS, 1+ Corner each team in each half and Miller & Carvajal to be carded – 80/1. (Outsider)
Odds and markets last updated on 24 April 2018 @18:15 GMT. Markets will unlikely be updated ahead of kick off.
Keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and betting previews for more previews for this upcoming weeks European, FA Premier League and SkyBet Championship action.