Chelsea vs Manchester City
Sunday 24th February 2019
The Carabao Cup (League Cup) Final, Wembley Stadium
Live on Sky Sports Main Event – Kick-Off: 16:30 GMT
Chelsea vs Manchester City: Premier league Champions Manchester City face Chelsea in the Carabao Cup final, bidding to secure the first piece of silverware of the domestic season, two weeks after beating the Blues 6-0.
Pep Guardiola’s side were on the right side of that 6-0 mauling just a fortnight ago, which will still be fresh in the memory. The Citizens will be looking retain their title – if they were to do so, it would be the first time Manchester City have defended a trophy in the club’s history. Defending a trophy would be a huge statement for City, more so than actually winning the cup itself. Each time they have won the Premier League, they have faltered that following campaign. That’s a trait Guardiola is looking to eradicate, to make them a real powerhouse in English football. In midweek, City came from behind, with ten men, to beat Schalke in the Champions League. Raheem Sterling scored the winner in the 90th minute, the fifth time he’s scored past the 80th minute this season.
Chelsea were also successful in Europe this week, after beating Malmo FC 3-0. Callum Hudson-Odoi was on the scoresheet after starting the game. The big story of the week has been FIFA charging the club with 29 breaches of regulations in signing young players. That charge means Chelsea won’t be able to sign anyone for two transfer window. That ban looks set to be suspended until after this summer, due to their appeal, however, it has cast doubt on a number of key players’ future. Eden Hazard, CHO, David Luiz, amongst others, deals all expire in the next 12 months. That puts the club under serious pressure, with an under-fire manager at the helm. Maurizio Sarri has a huge task to keep his job but a much-improved performance against the champions would certainly help.
Craig Pawson is the referee for this fixture. The Englishman has officiated 14 top-flight matches this campaign. In that time, he has accumulated an average booking points total of 48.8 As a result, I would recommend a maximum of 60+ total points, for this fixture.
Manchester City are overwhelming favourites for this match and rightly so. I don’t think it will be quite the white-wash of a fortnight ago, however I still fancy City to win.
Chelsea vs Manchester City will be televised live in the UK on Sky Sports Main Event with kick off at 16:30 GMT.
Prediction: Chelsea 0-2 Manchester City
Suggested Tips – Chelsea Manchester City – (BET365):
- Correct score: Manchester City – 2-0 – (link no longer available).
- First Goalscorer – Raheem Sterling – (link no longer available).
Suggested Tips – Chelsea vs Manchester City – (SKYBET):
- Both Players To Score – Sergio Aguero and Eden Hazard – 7/1.
- Half Time / Full Time – Manchester City / Manchester City – 5/4.
- Popular RequestABet – Augero to score from inside the six-yard box – 7/1.
- Popular RequestABet – Over 1.5 goals, 3+ Chelsea corners, 5+ Manchester City corners and 10+ booking points each team – 13/8. (NAP).
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Aguero & Sane to score, Manchester City to win to nil and Alonso & Fernandinho to be carded – 100/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Hazard 2+ shots on target, Aguero 2+ shots on target, Luiz 1+ shots on target & Stones 1+ shots on target – 125/1.
- Super Sunday RequestABets – Sun 24th Feb – RequestABet – A Player sent off in each of MUN v LIV, ARS v SOU and CHE v MCI – 100/1. (Located on Main Football Page under Super Sunday RequestABets).
Odds and markets last updated on Sunday 24th February @12:44 GMT. Keep checking back to see if there’s any updates to markets – the time stamp in the previous sentence for when we update tips on this page will be updated.
Remember to keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and betting previews around the domestic action during the week.