Crystal Palace vs Southampton – Match Preview -Crystal Palace will host Southampton this Saturday in the Premier League where both sides will be hoping to turn around their poor starts to the 2017/18 campaign.
The London based club have dominated footballing headlines this week with the sacking of manager Frank De Boer. After just 77 days in charge and four Premier League matches, Crystal Palace decided he was not a good fit for the club. Fans will be looking for stability after a few insecure seasons at Selhurst Park.
Southampton are yet to get out the starting blocks this season, most recently losing to Watford at home. Previously they were disappointing and drew with Huddersfield in a poor performance by their standards. Struggling to score goals is often a problem for the Saints and is an issue that Mauricio Pellegrino will be hoping to get rid of, however his main striker Manolo Gabbiadini is yet to get going.
Roy Hodgson has since been appointed as Crystal Palace manager and his first match is this Saturday. The ex-England manager will have plenty of eyes on him in charge of a struggling club, with the woes of Euro 2016 still fresh in many national fans heads. Palace are also rather depleted with Zaha, Sako and Wickham unavailable and Souare, Tomkins and Loftus-Cheek all unlikely to play. With a point to prove for himself as well as the club, can Hodgson inject some spirit in this Palace squad that needs it desperately?
Southampton will be happy to face Palace this Saturday as it is some decent opposition for them to try and gain some confidence against. Striker Charlie Austin was the hero a few weeks back against West Ham but has gone quiet since. Nathan Redmond has proved dangerous thus far however is yet to reflect that onto his personal statistics. It will only be a matter of time before Southampton begin to finish the chances they create, could it be this Saturday?
Christian Benteke is having a frustrating time spearheading the Crystal Palace attack that has currently not scored a Premier League goal. Since leaving Aston Villa, the big Belgian has been a shadow of his former self, will he finally example his quality with a goal under new management?
Charlie Austin will also be hoping to add to the brace he scored against West Ham. If given good service by the wingers such as Redmond then Austin could prove too much for Palace’s defence.
- Skybet Price Boost – Manolo Gabbiadini to score and Southampton to Win in 90 mins – 4/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Dusan Tadic to score first and Southampton to win 3-1 – 150/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Jason Puncheon to score first and either Southampton to win 2-1 or Draw 2-2 – 200/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 8/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Southampton to win, BTTS, 12+ match corners and 50+ match booking points – 28/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Benteke & Gabbiadini to score and Milivojevic to be carded – 18/1
- Skybet Pundits RequestAbet – Thommo’s RAB: Benteke to score, Crystal Palace to win to nil and under 11 corners – 14/1
- Skybet Player Card Accumulators – James McArthur and Oriol Romelu to Both be Carded – 14/1