CSKA Moscow vs Man United – Champions League Preview – Midweek Champions League action continues as Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United travel to Moscow to face CSKA Moscow in Group A.
Both sides were victorious in their group stage curtain raisers with the hosts seeing off Benfica 2-1 and Manchester United dispatching of Basel, 3-0.
Wednesdays hosts are currently fourth in the Russian Premier League, a position they will be hoping to improve as the season continues. Their most recent outing saw them draw with city rivals Dynamo Moscow 0-0 in a match that they were expected to win. CSKA play in a 3-5-2 quite often which could counter United’s familiar 4-2-3-1 to see an overload in the midfield if United do not stay compact. The three defenders will be looking to keep Romelu Lukaku quiet, who has enjoyed a fruitful beginning to his career at Old Trafford.
Brazilian striker Vitinho has proved to be a handful for defences in the Russian Premier League thus far. The striker has three goals so far domestically and scored the equaliser in their first Champions League match against Benfica from the spot. Moscow are a very organised outfit that will not only be tough to break down, but are capable of causing havoc to the United defence with two strikers.
Skybet Match Result – CSKA Moscow to Win – 9/2
Manchester United will be looking to make it six points from two matches in their travels to Russia. The Premier League leaders have shown real intent so far, both domestically and in Europe, that they are back from their dip in form of the recent seasons. New arrivals have all fit in rather well with Jose Mourinho’s tactics. In their most recent match, United narrowly beat Southampton, 1-0, in a performance they will be quick to put behind them.
However, the sign of a good team is one that can win even when they don’t play well. They will be hoping the pace in their attack will be too much for the CSKA defence to handle with Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Henrik Mhkitaryan and Paul Pogba in their armoury just to name a few. Undefeated in their last eight matches, they are proving almost impossible to get past right now and are favourites for this match up.
Skybet Correct Score Group Betting – Manchester United to Win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 – 6/4
- Skybet Price Boost – Romelu Lukaku to score a header – 7/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Manchester Utd to score 2+ goals and 8+ Manchester Utd corners – 5/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Lukaku to score, Manchester Utd to win, 3+ CSKA Moscow corners, 6+ Manchester Utd corners and 40+ match booking pts – 9/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Manchester Utd to win, BTTS, 12+ match corners and 50+ match booking points – 20/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – CSKA Moscow to score 2+ goals and 6+ CSKA Moscow corners – 18/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Mkhitaryan to score, 5+ corners each team and Vasili Berezutski & Blind to be carded – 350/1
- Skybet Penalty Specials – A Penalty Awarded – 5/2
- Skybet To Score and Win – Juan Mata – 7/2
- Skybet Total Goals, Corners Taken and Booking Points – Over 2.5 Goals, Over 10.5 Corners and over 35 Booking Points – 13/2
- Skybet Player Card Accumulator – Eric Bailly and Viktor Vasin to both be Carded – 15/2