Everton vs Arsenal – Match Preview – Two underperforming sides in the Premier League face off in the Premier League this Sunday with Arsenal travelling to Everton.
The hosts endured another painful 90 minutes in their Europa League match against Lyon this Thursday. Frustrations overcame some of the players and Ashley Williams stole the headlines for inciting an ugly brawl that saw fans and players involved.
Arsenal managed to steal three points on Thursday against Crvena Zvezda right at the death. Olivier Giroud was on hand for the Gunners to save the team from another embarrassing result following their catastrophe against Watford last weekend.
The hosts are currently 15th in the Premier League with manager Ronald Koeman under severe pressure with their woeful performances worrying the board and fans. Their most recent Premier League outing saw them draw away to Brighton and Hove Albion, 1-1. A 90th minute penalty from Wayne Rooney salvaged a point after a poor performance.
Everton have been uninspiring in front of goal and unstructured at the back this season. Whether it’s tactics or the team not gelling well, it’s seeing them lose plenty of matches and receive a lot of criticism following a summer where they invested heavily in the team so they could try and reach the upper echelons of the Premier League table and go far in the Europa League. Arsenal is a tough test for them, can they begin a recovery mission with a positive result on Sunday?
Arsenal most recently in the Premier League lost 2-1 to Watford. A lapse of concentration in the dying minutes saw them concede twice and throw away a match they really should have won. Whilst they did recover well enough during the week to win away in the Europa League, the performance won’t be filling the fans with hope.
There is much speculation over the future of a number of Arsenal players who are crucial to Arsene Wenger. Alexis Sanchez could make a return whilst Mesut Ozil will hope to end the quiet patch he is going through. Despite many defensive insecurities, Arsenal are favourites heading into this fixture as they pose the larger threat with attackers such a Alexandre Lacazette. Can the North Londoners defeat the struggling Everton?
- Skybet Price Boost – Alexandre Lacazette and Alexis Sanchez both to score in 90 mins – 6/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Gylfi Sigurdsson to score from outside the penalty area – 12/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Dominic Calvert-Lewin to score first and Everton to win 2-1 – 75/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Aaron Ramsey to score first and either Arsenal to win 2-1 or Arsenal to win 3-1 – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 6/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – A penalty awarded and a player sent off – 12/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Everton to win, BTTS, 13+ match corners and 50+ match booking points – 33/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Lacazette to score, 4+ corners each team and Rooney to be carded – 10/1
- Skybet Player Card Accumulator – Granit Xhaka and Idrissa Gueye both to be carded – 7/1