Hoffenheim vs Liverpool – Match Preview – Liverpool’s Champions League campaign begins with the first leg of their qualifier against German side, Hoffenheim. Jurgen Klopp will be hoping his side can bounce back from their devastating 3-3 draw away to Watford on the opening day of the Premier League. The hosts are entering the fixture on the back of a 1-0 victory over Erfurt in the DFB Pokal round of 32.
Liverpool will be looking to gain an advantage to head back to Anfield with for the second leg the following week. Much buzz has been surrounding the club off the field this past week with Coutinho dominating the headlines with a bizarre transfer saga. Virgil van Dijk is also a name that has been murmured around Melwood after he handed in a transfer request to Southampton in his aim to play for a bigger club.
Klopp came out and stated he is happy with his defence, however following the Watford match, many fans have laughed at the statement whilst replaying the comedic defending on their Sky + box. Liverpool often fare well in the Champions League and have a very successful history in the competition; lifting the trophy in 2005 being the highlight. Can Liverpool reach the group stages and be the fifth Premier League team to be in the draw for the 2017/18 Champions League campaign?
Hoffenheim had a very impressive 2016/17 season in the Bundesliga. A fourth finish behind Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund earnt them this qualification two-legged tie. 30-year-old manager, Julian Nagelsmann has installed a fresh style of play at Hoffenheim; possession based football that is both attractive and clinical. It isn’t often a manager will steal the headlines, however he is paving the way for young coaches in Germany.
Klopp is very aware of Hoffenheim’s threat and has mentioned that Liverpool must be at 100% otherwise they will be knocked out. Striker, Sandro Wagner, provides a big threat to Klopp’s shaky defence with his unpredictability and aerial ability. Can Hoffenheim get a huge victory in front of a home crowd?
- Skybet Price Boost – Roberto Firminho to score first – 13/2
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Sadio Mane to score first and Liverpool to win 2-1 – 50/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Andrej Kramaric to score first and either 1899 Hoffenheim to win 2-0 or 1899 Hoffenheim to win 3-0 – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – 7+ Liverpool corners and 30+ 1899 Hoffenheim booking pts – 5/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – 1899 Hoffenheim to score 2+ goals & Liverpool to score 2+ goals, 3+ corners each team and 30+ match booking pts – 11/2
- Skybet RequesAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Mane to score, Liverpool to win, 6+ Liverpool Corners and 20+ 1899 Hoffenheim booking pts – 12/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Wagner & Kramaric to score and Hubner & Vogt to be carded – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Firmino & Salah to score and Can & Henderson to be carded – 80/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Salah to score, Liverpool to win and BTTS – 13/2
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Lovren to score a header and Hoffenheim to miss a penalty – 400/1
- Skybet Player Card Accumulators – Kevin Vogt and Dejan Lovren both to be carded – 10/1
- Skybet FootyAccums Special – Wagner to score a header and Liverpool to score a penalty – 66/1
- Skybet FootyAccums Special – Dost & Mane to score, 4+ corners in each half with all four teams 20+ bookings pts (HOF v LIV & SPO v STE) – 66/1
- Skybet Pundit’s Picks – Charlie’s RAB: Firmino to score, 1899 Hoffenheim to win and 9+ match corners – 20/1
- Skybet To score and be Carded – Sandro Wagner to score and be carded – 11/2