Huddersfield vs Sheffield Wednesday – Match Preview
Skybet Championship Semi Final, 1st Leg, John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield 12pm
The Championship play-offs are amongst us with Huddersfield hosting Sheffield Wednesday in the first leg of their semi-final tie. It will be tight and tense just like any play-off match and heroes will be made in these matches and both squads have players capable of creating magical moments.
Huddersfield are entering the tie in uncharacteristic form, having lost their last two matches to Cardiff and relegation survivalists, Birmingham City. ‘The Terriers’ scored 56 goals and conceded 58 goals in 46 matches; the leakiest defence in the top six. David Wagner’s side were tipped to be placed well into the bottom half of the table at the start of the season. However, they’ve defied the odds and fought at the top end of the table for most of the season. Will the home advantage see Huddersfield take the lead on aggregate before a trip to Hillsborough in the second leg?
Skybet Full Time Result – Huddersfield to Win – 13/10
The visitors have been in great form since the beginning of April, having won six of their previous eight Championship matches; the latest being a 2-1 loss to fellow play-off contenders, Fulham. In terms of play-offs, ‘the Owls’ will be looking to redeem their efforts from last season after they lost 1-0 to Hull in the play-off final. After injecting money into their squad, they look as if they could one-up their performance from last season and gain Premier League football for their club. However, a visit to the John Smith Stadium is the first obstacle to overcome.
Skybet Full Time Result – Sheff Wed to Win – 21/10
Huddersfield boss, David Wagner, will have near enough a full-strength squad to choose from, after controversially resting a load of players in the run-in to this two-legged tie.
First choice goalkeeper and Liverpool loanee, Danny Ward, is unavailable for selection as he is serving a ban for the red card he received against Cardiff. Could a fresh face in goal spell trouble for the Huddersfield defence?
Skybet To Score – Sheff Wed to Score 2+ Goals – 9/4
Sheffield Wednesday boss, Carlos Carvahal, will have to make do without Gary Hooper who is still side-lined with a hamstring injury.
This untimely injury could come to a cost for Wednesday, however they hope he will be fit in time for the final should they qualify. Will Sheffield Wednesday’s key attacker, Fernando Forestieri, be able to grab himself a goal whilst their striking options are limited?
Skybet Anytime Goalscorer – Fernando Forestieri to score anytime – 2/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Nahki Wells and Steven Fletcher both to score in 90 mins – 10/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Sheffield Wednesday to win 2-0 – 16/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Rajiv Van La Parra to score first and Huddersfield to win 2-1 – 80/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Steven Fletcher to score first and either Sheffield Wednesday to win 1-0 or Draw 1-1 – 18/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS and over 2.5 goals – 7/4
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking pts each team – 7/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Kachunga to score, Huddersfield to win, over 2.5 goals and Wallace to be carded – 20/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Rhodes to score, BTTS and Hutchinson & Loovens to be carded – 22/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Forestieri to score, Draw 1-1, under 12 corners and Under 60 match booking pts – 33/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Fletcher to score, BTTS and Mooy & Jones to be carded – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Hefele, Bannan, Schindler & Hogg to be carded – 150/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Fletcher & Wallace to score and Smith & Loovens to be carded – 200/1