Juventus vs Monaco – Match Preview
Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg, Juventus Stadium, Turin 7.45pm
Juventus come into this 2nd leg in Turin with a 2-0 lead and 2 away goals which could prove crucial come the end of the semi final. Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri rested players last weekend as The Old Lady drew 1-1 to Torino ahead of the clash with Monaco, which indicates that Allegri will not underestimate the Red and Whites.
Monaco will have to be at their attacking best in order to overturn the 2 goal deficit and they will look to the likes of Radamel Falcao and highly rated youngster Kylian Mbappe Lottin to provide the goals in Turin.
Juventus have midfielder Sami Khedira returning to the squad after being suspended for the 1st leg. Claudio Marchisio and Miralem Pjanic will also be vying for a midfield spot. Paulo Dybala is expected back into the team after coming off with cramp in the 1-1 draw with Torino.
Monaco could still be without left back Benjamin Mendy who missed the 1st leg and the weekend win over Nancy. Falcao and Mbappe are expected to lead the line once again with Bakayoko in the midfield.
Players to Watch
Gonzalo Higuain has been in great form for the Italian side, scoring twice in the first leg and coming off the bench to score a last minute equaliser on the weekend. The Argentine forward has 32 goals in all competitons from 49 appearances with 5 goals coming in the Champions League. A goal from the forward would surely seal a place in the Champions League Final in Cardiff.
Kylian Mbappe Lottin has scored 5 goals in 8 Champions League appearances this season, only failing to hit the net in the 1st leg after scoring 5 from 6 starting appearances. Mbappe will have to be at his absolute best in order to breach the Juventus defence.
Juventus are unbeaten in the competition this season, winning 8 and drawing 3 games, a record shared with semi finalists Real Madrid. The Old Lady are also unbeaten in their last 18 Champions League home games and have not conceded a goal for 621 minutes, with 6 consecutive clean sheets.
Forward’s Radamel Falcao and Kylian Mbappe Lottin have netted 10 of the past 16 goals Monaco have scored in the competiton. But Monaco have only won 2 from 11 away Champions League Knockout stages, unable to keep a clean sheet in those games. Leonardo Jardim’s side will need to head into the match tonight with no fear and as they have nothing to lose, are expected to be on the front foot from the start.
- Skybet Price Boost – Daniel Alves and Kamil Glik both to be carded – 8/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Kylian Mbappe Lottin to score first – 9/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Miralem Pjanic to score first and Juventus to win 2-0 – 50/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Thomas Lemar to score first and either Monaco to win 2-1 or Draw 2-2 – 80/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – A goal in each half and 4+ corners in each half – 2/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Under 2.5 goals and 30+ Juventus Booking Points – 4/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Monaco to score 1+ goals, 5+ Monaco Corners, Fabinho to be carded and 20+ Juventus booking pts – 11/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Higuain & Mbappe Lottin to score, Juventus to win and Chiellini to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and above – Khedira, Bonucci, Bakayoko & Jemerson to be carded – 80/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Mbappe Lottin to score, 4+ corners each team and Khedira to be carded – 22/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Dybala to score from outside the penalty area and Falcao to score a header – 100/1