Manchester City vs Basel
Wednesday 7th March, 2018
UEFA Champions League, Etihad Stadium
BT Sport – Kick-Off 19:45 GMT
Manchester City vs Basel: Manchester City will be looking to confirm their place in the Champions League quarter-finals as they host Basel.
After a dominant display in Switzerland, City hold a 4-0 aggregate lead. With four away goals and an impressive home record, Pep Guardiola’s side have all but sealed their spot in the next round. After three games in a very busy week, Guardiola would be forgiven for rotating his side. I expect Gabriel Jesus to start, in a bid to step up his fitness for the end of the season. The Brazilian will be hoping for more game time in a hope to lead the line for his country in the World Cup.
City have won five of their last six games. That last week, in particular, has underlined their dominance in the Premier League. After collecting their first silverware of the season, the same starting 11 took apart Arsenal at the Emirates before dominating against Chelsea. The game against Chelsea, in particular, highlighted their strength. The reigning champions failed to even put a glove on City as they failed to even register a shot on target. City have teams beaten before they even step on the pitch. Psychologically, teams are entering the Etihad believing they are beaten, which is a hallmark of a great team.
Basel have only won one of their last five games. They have lost both of their league games since their drubbing against City two weeks ago. Reaching the knockout rounds of this competition is a good achievement for this side, but they were never going to be capable of competing with City. They currently sit 14 points adrift of league leaders Young Boys in the Swiss Super League, although they do have two games in hand. Star striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel has one goal in his last eight games, which highlights their poor form in front of goal.
Pavel Kralovec has been appointed as the referee for this game. The Czech has officiated three Champions League games this season, including Real Madrid V Borussia Dortmund and Anderlecht V PSG.
Given City’s busy upcoming schedule, I expect them to rotate their squad. The hard work was done two weeks and therefore they should be home and dry. I still expect them to come out with the win, with City to win to nil my bet.
Manchester City vs Basel will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport with Kick Off at 19:45 GMT.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-0 Basel
Suggested tips – Manchester City vs Basel – (BET365):
- Correct score, City to win 2-0 – (link no longer available).
- BTTS – No & Over 2.5 Goals Yes – (link no longer available).
- City to win to nil – (link no longer available).
Suggested tips – Manchester City vs Basel – (SKYBET):
- Aguero and De Bruyne to register 3+ shots on target – 8/1.
- RAB: A goal in each half and 5+corners each half – 11/4.
- Jesus to score a brace – 5/2.
Suggested RequestABets – Manchester City vs Basel – (SKYBET):
- RequestABet Specials upto 10/1 – : A goal in each half and 5+corners each half – 11/4.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Jesus & Sane to score and Laporte & Zinchenko to be carded – 125/1
- Champions League RequestABets – Wed 7th Mar – RequestABet – Over 1.5 goals and 9+ corners in each of MNC v BAS and TOT v JUV – 2/1
- RequestABet Specials upto 10/1 – : HT/FT Man City/Man City, 8+ match corners & 30+ match booking points – 11/4
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Jesus to score a header and De Bruyne to score from outside the area – 100/1
Odds updated on 7th March at 19:20 GMT.
More markets will be added over the weekend prior to the game kicking off tonight.
Keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and betting previews for the remainder of this weeks European games and this weekend’s domestic league fixtures from England.