Manchester City vs Liverpool
Thursday 2nd July 2020
Premier League – Etihad Stadium
Live on Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League – Kick-off: 20:15
Manchester City host newly crowned Champions Liverpool on Thursday night in the Premier League.
City’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea a week ago ended Liverpool’s 30-year wait to become Premier League Champions. This week’s clash at the Etihad still promises to be a special one despite Liverpool’s confirmation as Champions.
Pep Guardiola will be keen for his side to add one more defeat to Liverpool’s record this season, and try to prevent them from becoming centurions just like his side were just two years ago. City come into this one fresh from securing a place in the FA Cup semi-final thanks to a comprehensive 2-0 win away to Newcastle on Sunday.
Liverpool meanwhile will be eager to rub salt into the wounds of City by beating them on home soil. Jurgen Klopp’s side dismantled Crystal Palace 4-0 last Wednesday in the Premier League and attention now turns to surpassing the 100 point mark in the Premier League.
Liverpool were 3-1 winners in the reverse fixture back in November. City were 2-1 winners at the Etihad last season which ended up being Liverpool’s only league defeat of the season. City have won only two of their last seven meetings with Liverpool in all competitions.
Kevin De Bruyne has been sensational since City returned to action. The Belgian has scored in three of City’s four matches since the coronavirus stoppage and is priced at 5/2 to score anytime on SkyBet.
Anthony Taylor is the man in charge of this one. The 41-year old has overseen 26 Premier League matches this season, accumulating a total of 105 yellow cards and 5 red cards. Taylor took charge of this exact fixture last season and awarded 6 yellow cards in City’s 2-1 win. This considered, I would recommend a minimum of 30+ booking points for this one.
Liverpool’s Mo Salah is chasing his third consecutive Premier League golden boot trophy and will be keen to add to his 17 Premier League goals this season. Salah is priced at 2/1 to score anytime on SkyBet.
This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Main Event/Premier League with kick-off scheduled for 20:00 on Thursday evening.
Prediction: Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool
Suggested Tips – Manchester City vs Liverpool – (BET365)
- Correct score: Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool – (link no longer available).
- First goalscorer: Gabriel Jesus – (link no longer available).
- Anytime goalscorer: Roberto Firmino – (link no longer available).
- Player to be Booked: Fabinho – (link no longer available).
Suggested Tips – Manchester City vs Liverpool – (SKYBET)
- @RequestABet – Twitter Chosen Request – Manchester City to win, De Bruyne 1+ shots on target, Fabinho to be carded & Robertson 2+ Tackles – 14/1.
- RequestABet Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Rodrigo, Sterling & Fabinho to be carded – 33/1.
- Popular Player Stats RequestABets – Sterling to have 1+ shot on target from outside the area and van Dijk to have 1+ headed shot on target – 20/1.
- Both Players to Score – Roberto Firmino and Gabriel Jesus – 11/1.
We advise only covering 1-2 picks max from the below suggestions given the big prices.
Leave a comment