Manchester City vs Liverpool – Match Preview – Two Premier League titans clash this weekend with Manchester City hosting Liverpool this Saturday. Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp will add another game to their long list of managerial encounters.
The hosts last outing was a rather dramatic affair away at Bournemouth with a 96th minute winner from Raheem Sterling provoked outrage following the celebrations. Liverpool most recently dispatched of Arsenal in emphatic style, defeating the London club 4-0 at home.
With the international break now over, many of the players taking to the Etihad stadium this weekend have played key parts in their countries recent matches. Manchester City midfielder David Silva was on the scoresheet for Spain in their 8-0 thrashing of Liechtenstein. The creative attacker has been given a rather free flowing role from Guardiola and has found a great partnership with Belgian midfielder Kevin De Bruyne. Can the Spaniard grab a goal?
Liverpool starlet Ben Woodburn turned a lot of heads in the past week with two outstanding cameos off the bench for Wales. The 17-year-old scored on his debut against Austria late on with a cracking finish that has written his name into the history books. He then came off the bench away at Moldova and his 60-yard surgig run was enough to provide a fantastic assist. It is unlikely Woodburn will start against Manchester City as new signing Mo Salah has been very impressive. Liverpool’s August player of the month has lightening quick speed and fantastic vision and could be a huge threat to the Manchester defence.
Manchester City are currently fourth in the Premier League standings after three matches. Victories over Brighton and Hove Albion, Bournemouth and a draw against Everton has seen Guardiola’s men not quite reach their full potential, with their first proper test coming this Saturday. Can they leapfrog their opponents with 3 points?
Liverpool are currently second in the Premier League. After their sketchy performance and 3-3 draw with Watford on the opening day, Klopp’s men asserted themselves well with victories over Crystal Palace and the 4-0 win over Arsenal. A victory could see them top the table if other results go their way.
- Skybet Price Boost – Sergio Aguero and Roberto Firmino both to score in 90 mins – 7/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Kevin De Bruyne to score from outside the penalty area – 11/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – David Silva to score first and Manchester City to win 3-1 – 100/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 7/2
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Aguero to score, Manchester City to score 2+ goals, 6+ Manchester City corners and 50+ match booking pts – 7/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Firmino to score, BTTS, over 2.5 goals and Walker to be carded – 12/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Jesus & Aguero to score and Gomez & Fernandinho to be carded – 28/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Manchester City to win and Lovren, Can & Walker to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Fernandinho, Can, Firmino & Gomez to be carded – 50/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Otamendi, Gomez, Walker & Lovren to be carded – 80/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Firmino to score, Draw, BTTS, 10+ match corners, Walker & Matip to be carded and 40+ match booking pts – 150/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Jesus to score and Liverpool to miss a penalty – 66/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Matip to score a header and De Bruyne to score from outside the area – 200/1
- Skybet Pundits RequestAbet – Phil Thompson’s RAB: Jesus & Firmino to score 2+ goals each – 80/1
- Skybet Sporting Life RequestAbet – Can to score, over 3.5 goals and 15+ match corners – 40/1
- Skybet Player Card Accumulator – Gabriel Jesus and Dejan Lovren both to be carded – 7/1
- Skybet To Score and be Carded – Sadio Mane – 6/1
- Skybet First Goalscorer (Double Chance) – Sergio Aguero or Roberto Firmino to score first – 2/1