Manchester City vs West Bromwich Albion – match Preview
FA Premier League, Etihad Stadium, Manchester 8pm
Manchester City head in to tonight’s fixture with West Brom knowing a win is vital in order to qualify or the Champions League next season. With Arsenal also playing tonight, City hold the fate of their rivals in their own hands due to the 3 point difference. A win would potentially see them qualify.
Tony Pulis’ West Brom sit in 8th position and have pride to play for. The Baggies have not been in good for as of late, not winning in their last 8 games of the season.
John Stones could return tonight after recovering from a muscular problem he suffered back in April. Fabien Delph will miss the remainder of the season due to a leg injury. Sergio Aguero will be vying for a starting place as he has been demoted to a substitute since Brazilian Gabriel Jesus returned from injury. Pablo Zabaleta could play in his last home game for City since his decision to leave the Etihad at the end of the season.
West Brom could be without Gareth McAuley. The defender came off in the in the loss to Chelsea on Friday night with a thigh problem. Winger Matt Phillips will miss out due to a similar injury to team mate McAuley.
Player to Watch
David Silva has shown how much of a class act he really is. Since Guardiola moved the magical Spaniard into the central midfield area, Silva has dictated majority of the games he has played in. Not just with his quality passing and vision, but he has provided important goals to aid City’s push for a Champions League place. He has provided 4 goals and 7 assists in the league this season.
Manchester City have won the last 10 league meetings between the two.
David Silva has scored in back to back league games.
Albion have the worst record in the division since the start of April, earning just two points from seven matches – and failing to score in six of them.
- Skybet Price Boost – Gabriel Jesus to score a brace – 3/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Manchester City to win 4-1 – 18/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Raheem Sterling to score first and Manchester City to win 3-1 – 80/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – David Silva to score first and either Manchester City to win 2-0 or Manchester City to win 2-1 – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Manchester City to score 2+ goals, 7+ Manchester City Corners and 20+ West Brom booking pts – 2/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Gabriel Jesus to score, Manchester City to win, over 2.5 goals and Dawson to be carded – 8/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Rondon to score, BTTS, over 2.5 goals and 40+ match booking pts – 11/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Gabriel Jesus to score, Manchester City to win, BTTS and Clichy to be carded – 22/1
- Skybet RequestAbet – 11/1 to 28/1 – Manchester City to win, BTTS and Fernandinho & Yacob to be carded – 22/1
- Skybet RequestAbet – 33/1 to 66/1 – Gabriel Jesus to score, Manchester City to win and Fernandinho & Dawson to be carded – 33/1
- Skybet RequestAbet – 33/1 to 66/1 – BTTS, over 2.5 goals and Livermore & Kompany to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Sane to score and Dawson, Yacob & Fletcher to be carded – 200/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Fernandinho, Otamendi, Livermore & Dawson to be carded – 300/1