Millwall vs Brighton and Hove Albion
Sunday 17th March 2019
The FA Cup, Quarter-Final, The Den
Live on BBC 1 – Kick-Off: 14:00 GMT
Millwall will meet Brighton in FA Cup action this Sunday with a place at Wembley the prize.
The hosts narrowly defeated AFC Wimbledon in the last round to reach the quarter-finals. Meanwhile, Brighton saw off Derby County thanks to two first-half goals.
Millwall, one of the two Championship sides left in the competition, are priced at 13/5 to win by SkyBet. The London based club have not been too convincing in this competition despite reaching this stage. All of their matches have been decided by a one-goal margin. Their most prolific scorer this season has been Lee Gregory with 12 goals in all competitions. The striker will provide an aerial threat for the hosts and is priced at 12/5 to score anytime.
One statistic Millwall will want to keep running is their record against top-flight clubs in the FA Cup. They have won their last five matches against Premier League opposition and are 5/1 to win to nil.
Brighton are favourites for the tie and are priced at 11/10 to win in 90 minutes. This is the second successive season that Brighton have reached this stage of the competition. Their recent form should give them some confidence with three wins from their last five matches. Glenn Murray scored yet again for the Seagulls in their previous outing and could be pivotal is the visitors are to score and is 5/4 to score anytime.
Brighton manager Chris Hughton has a great record against Millwall with two wins and one draw. They are 5.2 to win to nil.
The referee for this match will be Chris Kavanagh. The official has been a regular in the Premier League this season and has averaged 35 booking points per match in the top-flight. With a place in the semi-final up for grabs, it could become a feisty encounter. 50+ booking points is priced at 6/4.
Millwall vs Brighton and Hove Albion will be televised on BBC One and kicks off at 14:00.
Prediction: Millwall 0-1 Brighton and Hove Albion
– The away sides quality and attacking prowess should be too much for the home side.
Suggested Tips – Millwall vs Brighton and Hove Albion – (BET365):
- Correct score: Brighton to win – 1-0 – (link no longer available).
- Anytime Goalscorer – Lee Gregory – (link no longer available).
Suggested Tips – Millwall vs Brighton and Hove Albion – (SKYBET):
- Correct Score Group Betting – Brighton to win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 – 15/8.
- Winning Margin – Brighton Exactly 1+ Goals – 11/4.
- Popular RequestABet – Millwall to win, BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 28/1.
- Both Players to score – Glenn Murray & Lee Gregory – 7/1.
- Popular RequestABet – Murray to score, Brighton to win and Duffy to be carded – 18/1.
- Popular RequestABet – Murray to score a header and Knockaert to score from outside the area – 100/1.
Odds and markets last updated on Sunday 17th March 2019 @09:47 GMT. Keep checking back to see if there’s any updates to markets – the time stamp in the previous sentence for when we update tips on this page will be updated.