Reading vs Fulham – Match Preview
Skybet Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg, Madjeski Stadium, Reading 7.45pm
(First Leg : 1-1)
After an enthralling first leg, Fulham will make the short trip to the Madejski Stadium to round off the first Championship semi-final. Jordan Obita gave Reading the lead with a wonderful left-footed strike before Tom Cairney equalled the proceedings with a headed goal, leaving the final score at 1-1.
Reading manager, Jaap Stam understands that Fulham possess an attacking threat and may try to sit off and defend their goal and catch them on the counter. Stam has admitted this has been on his mind, speaking with BBC Radio Berkshire: “We need to be aware of that they need to score. It’s going to be a very interesting game with two very good teams.” Will Reading be successful in keeping the potent Fulham attack at bay?
Skybet Clean Sheet – Reading to keep a clean sheet – 100/30
Fulham don’t have a great record of scoring goals in play-off matches. In fact, Cairney’s goal was the second goal in five play-off matches for the Cottagers. However, they haven’t been short of goals this season having scored 85 goals in their 46 matches of the regular season; the highest in the Championship equalling Newcastle and Norwich. Will Fulham continue their rampant riot in front of goal?
Skybet To Score – Fulham to score 2+ goals in 90mins – 10/11
The home side are without centre back, Paul McShane, as he picked up a red card in the first leg at Craven Cottage. They could also be without goal scorer, Jordan Obita, who picked up an ankle injury at full-time.
With a few now unavailable, Reading will look to their experienced players such as in-form striker, Yann Kermorgant. His goals have been crucial to Reading’s unexpected success, will the Frenchman strike again with another crucial goal?
Skybet Anytime Goalscorer – Yann Kermorgant to score in 90mins – 13/8
Fulham manager, Slavisa Jokanovic, has no new injuries to worry about. It’s possible he could name the same starting 11 who played the first leg.
Ragnar Sigurdsson and Michael Madl are still side-lined with their injuries however are on the mend and could play in the play-off final, should Fulham overcome Reading on Tuesday night. Cairney will remain an important figure for the visitors, will he get himself a second goal in this play-off tie?
Skybet Anytime Goalscorer – Tom Cairney to score in 90mins – 2/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Yann Kermorgant to score and Reading to win in 90 mins – 5/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Chris Martin to score and Fulham to win in 90 mins – 9/2
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Sone Aluko to score first and Fulham to win 3-1 – 150/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Lewis Grabban to score first and either Reading to win 2-0 or Reading to win 3-1 – 50/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking pts each team – 7/2
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Each team to take 3+ corners in each half – 10/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Aluko to score, Fulham to win, over 2.5 goals and Evans to be carded – 20/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Kermorgant to score, Reading to win, over 2.5 goals and Gunter to be carded – 25/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Ayite & Martin to score and McDonald & van den Berg to be carded – 40/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Cairney & Martin to score and Gunter & Fredericks to be carded – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Gunter, Williams, Ream & van den Berg to be carded – 100/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – McCleary & Kermorgant to score and Ream & Malone to be carded – 150/1