Real Madrid vs PSG
Wednesday 14th February, Bernabeu
Champions League – 2nd Round – 1st Leg
BT Sport 3 – 7:45 pm
Real Madrid vs PSG – Defending Champions Real Madrid take on PSG at the Bernabeu in the first-leg of their Champions League knockout tie.
After a disappointing domestic season, Madrid will be looking to restore their reputation in Europe. Sat in fourth, the reigning league champions sit 17 points behind Barcelona. With the league title long gone, their main focus has to be trying to catch second-placed Atletico Madrid, who are currently ten points ahead of them.
Despite struggling for most of this term, Zinedine Zidane’s sides’ form has improved recently, with four wins in their last six matches. With 12 goals in their last two home games, it isn’t goals that will dictate Madrid’s future in this competition. With Raphael Varane and Sergio Ramos both struggling with injuries, Los Blancos have conceded 23 goals in 22 games. Whilst this doesn’t seem a bad return, it is three more goals than Barcelona and Atletico combined.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s league form has been under much scrutiny this season. The Portuguese forward has 11 goals this season from 18 games; a much lower return than previous seasons. In the Champions League, however, the former Manchester United forward has been in scintillating form. With nine goals from six games, Ronaldo has etched his name into Champions League history again this season. No player had previously scored in every group stages game before the five-time Ballon d’Or broke the record back in December last year.
Many will feel that PSG come into this game as favourites, despite facing the reigning Champions. Unai Emery’s side topped their group, collecting 15 points and beating Bayern Munich in the process. Having assembled one of the most expensive forward lines in history, it is little surprise to see Les Parisiens top of the goalscoring charts. With Edinson Cavani now joined by Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in attack, there is no defence in the world that wouldn’t be nervous about facing this potent trio. With 69 goals between the three in all competitions, PSG look like serious contenders for this competition and could make a real statement by toppling the reigning Champions on their own turf.
Gianluca Rocchi has been appointed as the referee for this crucial clash. The Italian has officiated ten games in Serie A this season, with an average of 4.9 cards per match. He has shown 46 yellow cards and two red cards this season, so booking points could be a good bet to go with.
With the amount of attacking talent on display on Wednesday night, it’s impossible to not predict goals. I think, despite their poor domestic form, Real Madrid will come out on top. Whilst PSG have been very impressive this season, the biggest players show their true ability in the biggest moments and I think Madrid will secure a crucial victory.
Real Madrid vs PSG will be televised live in the UK on BT Sport 3, with kick off at 19:45 GMT.
Prediction: Real Madrid 2-1 PSG.
Suggested tips (BET365):
- Correct score, Madrid to win 2-1 – (link no longer available)
- Anytime Goalscorer – Angel Di Maria – (link no longer available)
Suggested tips (Skybet):
- Neymar and Ronaldo to both score – 7/2.
- Mbappe to score a brace – 13/2.
- Bale to score and win – 11/4.
- BTTS and over 2.5 goals – 4/6.
- BTTS in both halves – 15/2.
Suggested RequestABet Picks – Real Madrid vs PSG (Skybet):
- Price Boosts – Real Madrid vs PSG – Neymar to score from outside the penalty area – 12/1.
- Price Boosts – Real Madrid vs PSG – Gareth Bale and Kylian Mbappe both to score in 90 mins – 13/2.
- @FootyAccums Specials – Real Madrid vs PSG – Both teams to score in both halves of both legs – 50/1.
- @FootyAccums Specials – Real Madrid vs PSG – BTTS in 2nd half, 3+ corners each team and Real Madrid 20+ booking pts – 4/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Real Madrid vs PSG – Ronaldo & Cavani to score, 5+ Real Madrid corners, 3+ Paris St Germain corners & Ramos, Alves & Verratti to be carded – 100/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Real Madrid vs PSG – Ronaldo & Neymar each to score from outside the area – 100/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Real Madrid vs PSG – Mbappe & Neymar to score, over 2.5 goals, 4+ corners each team and Kroos & Di Maria to be carded – 150/1.
- RequestABet Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Real Madrid vs PSG – Di Maria to score, 12+ match corners and Verratti & Ramos to be carded – 33/1.
- RequestABet Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Real Madrid vs PSG – Neymar to score first and Draw 2-2 – 40/1.
Odds and markets last updated on Wednesday 14 February 2018 @17:07 GMT.
More markets will be added tomorrow afternoon prior to the game kicking off in the evening. Be sure to keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates.