Confederations Cup, Group B
Otkrytiye Arena, Moscow
Russia vs Portugal – Match Preview – Russia face Portugal in Group A for the second round of matches at the 2017 Confederations Cup. The match promises plenty of drama, with the bookmakers favouring Portugal however Russia impressed in their last outing against New Zealand. The Russians were victorious over the Kiwi’s, 2-0, in a dominant performance which saw the Northern hemisphere side pepper the New Zealand goal with a total of 19 shots.
The host nation, Russia, will look to broaden their lead at the top of Group A in front of a home crowd. However, Portugal pose a very different threat to New Zealand; Cristiano Ronaldo being the obvious danger-man for the Portuguese. Stanislav Cherchesov’s side will have to remain tight at the back and prevent Ronaldo from getting a sniff at their goal, a task even the World’s best defenders cannot overcome. But, Russia will feel quietly confident heading into the match despite being underdogs as they have a very impressive record against Portugal in Moscow; in their three meetings, the home nation won all three without conceding a goal. Can they continue the trend against a dangerous Portugal?
Portugal manager, Fernando Santos, will be hoping for a routine win on Wednesday following a dramatic 2-2 draw with Mexico in their first Group A match. The European champions felt two points snatched from their grasp as Mexico were able to convert from an injury time corner to share the points. Portugal will have to step up and remain a solid unit to allow their creative attack to flourish, however, Portugal are weaker at the back end of the pitch, something Santos may look to alter his team selection to allow them to be safer. But, with Cristiano Ronaldo in your team, you’re always going to be a threat, can Portugal get their first win of the tournament?
Russia have no fresh injury worries for the match on Wednesday.
Striker, Fedor Smolov, found the back of the net against New Zealand, can he do the same against Portugal?
Portugal, just like their opponents, also have no injuries to alter team selection.
It goes without saying that Ronaldo is the main man, can he deliver yet again for his country?
- Skybet Price Boost – Ricardo Quaresma to score and Portugal to win in 90 mins – 11/2
- Skybet Price Boost – Fedor Smolov to score and Russia to win in 90 mins – 6/1
- Skybet Price Boost – Cristiano Ronaldo to score from outside the penalty area – 13/2
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Cristiano Ronaldo to score first and Portugal to win 3-1 – 50/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Dmitri Poloz to score first and either Russia to win 2-0 or Russia to win 2-1 – 33/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking pts each team – 11/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Russia to win, BTTS, 11+ match corners and 50+ match booking pts – 50/1
- Skybet Both Players to Score – Fedor Smolov and Cristiano Ronaldo – 5/1