Sevilla vs Liverpool – Champions League Preview – Jurgen Klopp and his Liverpool side are back in European action this Tuesday night. They travel to Sevilla who are currently one point behind them in Group E of the UEFA Champions League.
The last time these two met earlier in the season was at Anfield where it just wasn’t to be for the Reds who missed a penalty at the end of the first half to take a 3-1 lead. The score line ended up 2-2, leaving many Liverpool fans frustrated as they often have been so far in this Champions League campaign. Will history repeat itself? Both sides are capable of goals.
The hosts have enjoyed a relatively stable start to their domestic campaign, sitting in 5th place in La Liga, two points behind Real Madrid. Their most recent outing saw them overcome a Celta Vigo side that took an early lead. Goals from Luis Muriel and ex-Manchester City winger Nolito helped Sevilla fend off a dangerous Celta Vigo side. The Spaniards have a large arsenal of potent attackers amongst their ranks with the likes of Wissam Ben Yedder, Luis Muriel, Nolito, Pablo Sarabia and Jesus Navas. These players are all capable of causing the often-shaky Liverpool defence a lot of problems. Can Sevilla leapfrog Liverpool in Group E?
Liverpool will travel to Spain in high spirits as they have enjoyed much success in their recent showings. They have won their past four matches in all competitions by a three-goal margin, with their attack causing a constant threat. Having pushed aside Huddersfield, Maribor, West Ham and most recently Southampton, Mo Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane will be looking to continue their red-hot form on Spanish soil. The sheer pace of the two wide men ahead of the creative touches of Coutinho and Georginio Wijnaldum will be the key asset that Sevilla will look to silence.
In typical Liverpool fashion however, their defence has shown no signs of tightening up despite only conceding once in four matches. Sevilla provide a much larger problem than their other recent competitors and Jurgen Klopp hasn’t had much luck against this Sevilla side before. Should be a cracker.
- Skybet Price Boost – Mohamed Salah to Score First – 13/2
- Skybet Price Boost – Wissam Ben Yedder to score a header – 18/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Roberto Firmino to score first and Liverpool to win 2-1 – 50/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Jesus Navas to score first and either Sevilla to win 3-0 or Sevilla to win 3-1 – 75/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Sevilla to score 2+ goals, 5+ Sevilla corners and 20+ Liverpool booking pts – 7/2
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – BTTS, over 2.5 goals, 7+ Liverpool corners and 40+ Sevilla booking points – 22/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Mane & Firmino to score and Banega & Nolito to be carded – 66/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Firmino to score a header and Coutinho to score from outside the area – 100/1