Spurs vs Real Madrid – Champions League Preview – Spurs host the current Champions League holders Real Madrid this Wednesday in Group H.
Both sides are sharing the same amount of points, goals scored and goals conceded thus far in the group stage. The last time these two met a few weeks ago they couldn’t be divided as the score at the Bernabau was 1-1. An own goal by Raphael Varane was cancelled out just before half-time thanks to a penalty from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Both sides are without some key players with the hosts missing Erik Lamela and Victor Wanyama whilst the visitors are still without ex-Spurs winger Gareth Bale, Dani Carvajal, Mateo Kovacic and Keylor Navas. The last day has seen a huge boost for Mauricio Pochettino as Harry Kane has returned to training, it is still unknown whether he is fit enough to play.
Spurs have had their worst week in quite a while suffering back to back losses. Firstly, they threw away a 2-0 lead against West Ham in the Carabao Cup and most recently lost to Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford. Spurs created enough chances to at least grab a point, but it was clear that Kane was sorely missed up front. They created 13 chances which is a promising sign heading into Wednesday’s fixture.
A victory over Real Madrid would see them lead Group H with just two matches to go in Group H. Although a victory would be huge for the club and fans, Madrid are one of the strongest, if not the strongest side in Europe and pose a huge threat to Tottenham, so to even draw the match would still be an achievement for the North Londoners. Can Spurs turn their recent fortunes around?
Real Madrid haven’t quite been clicking as of late in comparison to the Real Madrid of last season. They are currently eight points behind league leaders Barcelona in La Liga and most recently lost to Girona 2-1 despite taking the lead. With things not going their way domestically, Zinedine Zidane will put all his efforts into the Champions League to ensure a successful European campaign.
Tottenham will be a tough nut to crack for the Spaniards, however their class on paper stands them in good stead to leave Wembley Stadium will some points. Cristiano Ronaldo will be the dangerman as always for Madrid, however he is accompanied by Karim Benzema, Isco, Luka Modric and Marco Asensio who are all world class players. Can Madrid grab a victory?
- Skybet Price Boost – Harry Kane and Cristiano Ronaldo both to score in 90 mins – 11/4
- Skybet Price Boost – Isco to score and Real Madrid to win in 90 mins – 11/2
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Cristiano Ronaldo to score first and Real Madrid to win 3-1 – 50/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 9/2
- SkybetRequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Ramos to score and Real Madrid to win – 9/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – 8+ Real Madrid corners and 40+ Tottenham booking points – 16/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – Alli to score, BTTS, over 2.5 goals and 40+ Real Madrid booking points – 18/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 33/1 to 66/1 – Kane to score a header and Real Madrid to score a penalty – 50/1
- Skybet RequestAbet 80/1 and Above – Ramos to score a header and Eriksen to score from outside the area – 125/1
- Skybet Featured RequestAbet – Kane & Ronaldo to score, 4+ corners each team and Ramos to be carded – 12/1
- Skybet Player Carded Accumulator – Serge Aurier and Sergio Ramos both to be carded – 15/2