Stoke City vs Arsenal – Match Preview
FA Premier League, Britannia Stadium, Stoke 5.30pm
Stoke come into this game knowing they are safe for another season in the Premier League while Arsenal have hit form in the past week and are still attempting to break into the Champions League places.
Mark Hughes has no new injury concerns as long term absentees, Ibrahim Affellay and Stephen Ireland are still out. Saido Berahino could make a start after being on the substitute bench in the last game. Johnathan Walters, Peter Crouch and Mame Biram Diouf are all vying for a starting place up front.
Arsenal look to be without centre back Laurent Koscielny again, but will be assessed prior to the game. Alex Oxalde – Chamberlain should be fit after coming off with a hamstring injury in the win against Southampton midweek.
Players to Watch
Ryan Shawcross will be looking to keep the likes of Oliver Giroud and Alexis Sanchez quiet on the day. The centre back is a huge presence for The Potters and his strength and positional play could play a part in keeping Giroud out in the aerial battle.
Aaron Ramsey has been key for Arsenal in the last two games, providing the balance needed in the heart of midfield. His awareness to spot a pass and his supporting runs into the box provide a real threat to the opposition.
Stoke Manager Mark Hughes is unbeaten in his last 8 home Premier League matches against the Gunners, winning 5 and drawing 3. A run that extends to his former managerial clubs Blackburn, Manchester City, Fulham and QPR.
Arsenal have not beaten Stoke away in 6 games, drawing 3 and losing 3.
- Skybet Price Boost – Peter Crouch to score a header – 11/2
- Skybet Price Boost – Alexis Sanchez to score from outside the penalty area – 9/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost – Joe Allen to score first and Stoke to win 2-1 – 100/1
- Skybet Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Mesut Ozil to score first and either Arsenal to win 3-0 or Arsenal to win 3-1 – 50/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Arsenal to score 2+ goals and 8+ Arsenal corners – 3/1
- Skybet RequestAbet Up to 10/1 – Stoke to score 2+ goals and 6+ Stoke corners – 13/2
- Skybet RequestAbet 11/1 to 28/1 – A penalty awarded and a player sent off – 12/1
- Skybet Goalscorer Treble – Saido Berahino, Olivier Giroud and Alexis Sanchez All to Score – 12/1
- Skybet Player Carded Accumulator – Joe Allen and Granit Xhaka to be carded – 10/1