Swansea City vs Cardiff City
Sunday 27th October 2019
The Championship, Liberty Stadium
Live on Sky Sports Football – Kick Off: 12:00 GMT
The South Wales derby is upon us for the first time since 2014. Swansea City host Cardiff City in Championship action early on Sunday.
Neither team is entering the match on good form. However, in a match of this magnitude and with so much pride and history on the line, form goes out the window. Swansea are only four points ahead of their South Wales counterparts and this is sure to be one entertaining encounter.
Swansea City are priced at 5/4 to win the match by SkyBet. Steve Cooper’s side are undergoing some poor form, especially at home, after their explosive start to the Championship season. They have won just one match in seven – not ideal heading into their derby. Going forward, striker Borja Baston – much like his team – has gone stale but winger Andre Ayew has popped up with some important goals at times. The Ghanaian is 12/5 to score anytime.
The Swans have failed to keep a clean sheet in six matches. They are price boosted to 7/2 to win and for both teams to score.
Cardiff City are priced at 2/1 to get a huge win away from home. The visitors eter this match in slightly better form than their opponents. Neil Warnock’s men have drawn their previous two outings and have showcased they are capable of scoring goals. Danny Ward got on the score sheet last time out against Millwall and is priced at 11/2 to open the scoring.
The referee for this match will be Robert Jones. The official will be preparing for a very feisty match-up and has averaged 34 booking points per match this season. SkyBet are offering 50+ booking points at 11/10 – fantastic odds.
The match will be televised on Sky Sports Football HD and kicks off at 12:00 GMT.
Prediction: Swansea City 1-1 Cardiff City
– This match is going to be tight and tense. Really tough to pick a winner from the two out of form Welsh sides.
Suggested Tips – Swansea City vs Cardiff City – (BET 365)
- Correct score – Draw 1-1 – (link no longer available).
- First Goalscorer – Danny Ward – (link no longer available).
- Anytime Goalscorer – Andrew Ayew – (link no longer available).
Suggested Tips – Swansea City vs Cardiff City – (SKYBET)
- Correct Score Group Betting – Draw 1-1, 2-2, or 3-3 – 10/3.
- RequestABet Insurance – Jay Fulton to be carded, Joe Ralls to be carded, Kyle Naughton to be carded and Lee Peltier to be carded – 80/1.
- RequestABet Specials Up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 40+ match booking pts – 7/2.
- RequestABet Insurance – Danny Ward to score, Andre Ayew to score and David Junior Hoilett to score – 40/1.
Markets Last Updated – Sunday 27th October 2019 – 09:55 GMT.