Uruguay vs France
Friday 6th July 2018
FIFA World Cup 2018, Quarter-finals, Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod
Live on ITV 1 – Kick-Off: 15:00
Uruguay vs France – both nations will lock horns this Friday in the first of four quarter-finals ties of the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Neither nations have been at their best for the duration of the competition yet. Uruguay’s strike force of Luis Suarez and Edison Cavani finally seemed to click in their last match. Meanwhile, France’s clinical attack seemed to have now settled, as they ran out 4-3 victors against Argentina in the round of 16.
Uruguay are a very well organised side defensively and seem to have multiple players who cover every blade of grass. This hardworking mentality begins with their first line of defence; the strikers. Barcelona’s Suarez and PSG’s Cavani worked tirelessly in both defence and attack when Uruguay saw off Portugal last round.
SkyBet have gifted us with a price boost for both players. Luis Suarez to score first has been boosted to 6/1 – very nice odds. Whilst Edison Cavani to score a header is 20/1.
On the other side, France will be brimming with confidence after finally illustrating they can score goals. 19-year-old sensation Kylian Mbappe stole headlines with a tidy brace for the French, as Antione Griezmann fired home from the spot and Benjamin Pavard scored with a delightful strike that is sure to be a contender to win goal of the tournament.
Kylian Mbappe was a pleasure to watch in their last outing. His sheer pace was frightening and caused so many issues for Argentina’s defence. He is priced at 11/2 to score first.
France are favourites for the match and are priced at EVENS to win in 90 minutes. Their opponents are priced at 7/2 to cause another upset in a World Cup full of them.
The referee for this encounter will be Nestor Pintana. Neither side have been too familiar with the referee’s pockets however knockout games can get a lot feistier. Pintana has given out 8 yellow cards this world cup in 3 games therefore 20 booking points should be a safe bet – 30 as a maximum.
Prediction: France 3 – 1 Uruguay.
Suggested Tips – Uruguay vs France – (BET365):
- France win 3-1 – (link no longer available).
Suggested Tips – Uruguay vs France – (SKYBET):
- Antoine Griezmann to score and France to win in 90 mins – 7/2.
- Both Player to Score – Edinson Cavani and Antoine Griezmann both to score in 90 mins. – 9/1.
- @FootyAccums RequestABet Specials – Suarez & Griezmann to score, Vecino to be carded (all 90 mins) and France to qualify – 66/1. (0.5pt Outsider).
- Popular RequestABet – Suarez to score, Draw 1-1 (both 90 mins) and France to win on pens – 33/1.
- RequestABet Specials – Up to 10/1 – Over 1.5 goals, Suarez & Griezmann 1+ shots on target each, 3+ corners each team and 30+ match booking pts – 7/2. (NAP).
- RequestABet Specials – Up to 10/1 – Griezmann to score, France to score 2+ goals, 3+ corners each team and 20+ match booking pts – 6/1. (NB).
- Price Boost – Diego Godin to score a header – 20/1. (NB 2).
Keep visiting Tips and Previews ahead of games to get our suggested tips and correct score picks for the remainders ties in the quarter finals. Tips updated at 12:05 GMT on 6th July 2018.
FIFA World Cup 2018 – Promotional Offer by BET365