Wolves vs Manchester United
Saturday 16th March 2019
The FA Cup, Quarter-Final, Molineaux
Live on BBC One – Kick-Off: 19:55 GMT
Wolves vs Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men will be looking to march into the last four of the FA Cup with a win over giant-killers Wolves at Molineux.
The Red Devils suffered a league defeat for the first time under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last weekend as they went down 2-0 at Arsenal. David De Gea’s first-half error, punished by Granit Xhaka, and a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang penalty inflicted the damage. However, United are still enjoying their ‘honeymoon’ period under the Norwegian. A safe passage through to the last four could finally sway the owners to give Solskjaer the job on a full-time basis. There is already speculation that a deal is done and will be announced during the international break. On the field, United are very much in the ascendancy, still. A top-four finish is still on the cards, whilst the Champions League draw has pitted them against Barcelona. They’ve won nine of their ten away games under Solskjaer and they’ll fancy their chances at Molineux.
Wolves, however, will come into this match without any fear. They’ve already dumped Liverpool out of the cup, as well as taking points from Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham this season. Last time out, they were seconds away from taking all three points at Stamford Bridge, with a 92nd-minute Eden Hazard equaliser they only negative on another eye-catching display. Raul Jiminez gave Nuno Espirito Santo’s the lead in that game, his seventh goals in his last 10 matches. If they are to cause yet another upset, he will no doubt be at the centre of it.
Martin Atkinson is the referee for this fixture. The Englishman has officiated 37 top-flight matches this season. In that time, he has accumulated an average booking points total of 34.1. Therefore, I would advise a maximum of 50+ total points for this fixture.
Manchester United will be desperate to bounce back after their defeat last weekend. Wolves are a very tricky outfit, as proven by their record against the big six. However, Solskjaer’s men will be full strength and are very good on the road. Therefore, I’m backing them to sneak another win.
Wolves vs Manchester United will be televised in the UK live on BBC One with kick-off at 19:55 GMT.
Prediction: Wolves 1-2 Manchester United
Suggested Tips – Wolves vs Manchester United – (BET365):
- Correct score: Manchester United to win – 2-1 – (link no longer available).
- First Goalscorer – Marcus Rashford – (link no longer available).
Suggested Tips – Wolves vs Manchester United – (SKYBET):
- Price Boost – Raul Jiminez and Romelu Lukaku to both score – 13/2.
- Full Time Result & Both Team to Score – Draw & Yes – 3/1.
- Popular RequestABet – Rashford to score outside the area and Manchester United to score a penalty – 150/1.
- Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Paul Pogba to score first and Manchester United to win 2-0 or 2-1 – 22/1.
- RequestABet Specials upto 10/1 – BTTS, 3+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 5/1.
- Cross-Sport RequestABet Specials – Tiger Eye (W 19:15) & Manchester United to Win – 4/1. (NAP). This Bet is located under Horse Racing > Specials.
Odds and markets last updated on Saturday 16th March 2019 @18:07 GMT. Keep checking back to see if there’s any updates to markets – the time stamp in the previous sentence for when we update tips on this page will be updated.
Remember to keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and betting previews around tomorrow’s remaining FA Cup and Premier League action.