Everton vs Manchester City
Saturday 31st March 2018
FA Premier League, Goodison Park
Live on BT Sport – Kick-Off: 17:30
Everton vs Manchester City – Everton host league leaders Manchester City in Premier League action after another enthralling international break.
Both clubs are needing a win from this fixture, but for different purposes. The hosts are looking to catch up to Leicester and Burnley who are narrowly above them in the league whilst Manchester City are looking to increase the 16-point gap at the top and become one game closer to lifting the Premier League trophy.
Everton are currently ninth in the Premier League table. They have three wins in their last five outings, with their most recent victories over Stoke and Brighton illustrating their talent as they averaged 58% possession over the two matches. This season their form in front of goal has been much better at Goodison Park than on the road. They have averaged two or more goals in 60% of their home league matches, however City have conceded 20 goals all season. Will be a big test for Allardyce’s attack.
Defensively, Everton have been rather suspect at times. They have managed to keep a clean sheet in only 22% of their league matches. They have leaked goals at times, with 50 goals going against them in their 31 Premier League matches. Long odds for this Everton team, however they have proved to be tough to beat at home.
The visitors are currently first in the Premier League standings and can almost feel their fingers on the trophy. They are 16 points ahead of second placed Manchester United with eight games to play. Their dominance this season has been primarily down to their clinical attack. Pep Guardiola’s side have scored two or more goals in 80% of their league matches and have managed 85 goals in their 30 matches so far. Winger Leroy Sane has continued to impress and showcase his composure in front of goal in recent months. The German international should cause havoc this weekend.
Defensively, Guardiola’s men have been the best in the league. They have conceded only 20 goals all season and kept a clean sheet in 50% of their matches. The defensive muscle they possess is something to behold. Easy favourites for this fixture and you’d be a brave better to go against them.
Referee Paul Tierney is in charge of this fixture. The official has averaged 27.3 booking points in his 11 Premier League matches. He shouldn’t have too many problems on his hands, as Everton have averaged 16.9 booking points whilst City have averaged 17.
Everton vs Manchester City will be televised live on BT Sport 1 in the UK and will kick off at 17:30 GMT.
Prediction : Everton 0 – 2 Manchester City.
Suggested tips – Everton vs Manchester City – (BET365):
- Correct score, Manchester City Win – 2-0 – (link no longer available).
Suggested tips – Everton vs Manchester City – (SKYBET):
- Match Stat Price Boost –Tosun and Sterling 2+ shots on target each – 14/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – De Bruyne to score, Manchester City to win, Under 13 match corners and Jagielka to be carded- 28/1.
Price Boost – Cenk Tosun and David Silva both to score in 90 mins – 18/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and Zinchenko & Otamendi to be carded – 125/1.
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 and above – Draw 0-0 and no booking points – 250/1.
- RequestABet Specials Up to 10/1 – Everton vs Manchester City – Manchester City to score 2+ goals, 4+ Manchester City corners and 20+ match booking pts – 4/5.
- @FootyAccumes RequestABet – Jesus & Sane to score and Schneiderlin & Otamendi to be carded – 33/1.
- RequestABet Specials Up to 10/1 – Everton vs Manchester City – Man City to win, Tosun 1+ shots on target & De Bruyne 1+ shots on target, 5+ Man City corners & 30+ match booking pts – 4/1.
- RequestABet Specials Up to 10/1 – Everton vs Manchester City – Jesus to score, Manchester City to win, over 1.5 goals, 6+ Manchester City corners and Rooney to be carded – 5/1.
Odds and markets last updated on 31st March 2018 @16:35 GMT. Markets may be updated prior to kick off so keep checking back before 17:30 GMT for updates.
Keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and betting previews for more previews from this weekends FA Premier League and SkyBet Championship action.
Leave a comment