Huddersfield vs Manchester United
Friday 15th February 2018, Kirklees Stadium
FA Cup – Fifth Round
BT Sport 2 – 5:30pm
Huddersfield vs Manchester United – Premier League sides Manchester United and Huddersfield Town face off in FA Cup action. The two teams will play for a place in the quarter finals and will be one game away from Wembley Stadium.
Both teams comfortably advanced through the last round, with the hosts, Huddersfield, performing an extra-time extravaganza netting three quick goals in succession against Championship strugglers, Birmingham City. Saturday’s visitors dispatched of Yeovil Town in another FA Cup mismatch.
David Wagner’s Huddersfield will be hoping they can turn their fortunes in front of goal as they have only scored two or more goals in 18% of their Premier League matches this year whilst the visitors have achieved two or more in 55% of their league matches. The clear gap in league positions was illustrated when these two met in the league only a couple weeks ago. Jose Mourinho’s side ran out 2-0 victors however now Huddersfield will have the home advantage that can claim to be a crucial factor in cup scenarios.
Both clubs have also been rather ill-disciplined this season in the Premier League as they have both been awarded an average of 18.3 booking points. Huddersfield have grown a reputation of being a physical side that at the start of the season where very hard to break down, however referee Kevin Friend is one of the more lenient officials in the Premier League as he has only an average of 25 booking points in his 14 matches.
Manchester United will not have much hope in chasing their rivals Manchester City for the Premier League title. As a result it is likely that Mourinho will put more focus into the FA Cup. David Wagner’s side will be focusing on Premier League survival. Whilst a good cup run will boost confidence, the risk of injuries could be too important. It is therefore unsure how strong Huddersfield will line up at the John Smiths Stadium.
With only one leg of this fixture to play, it is likely that Huddersfield could cause an upset however Manchester United’s firepower is a hard factor to look past. With Romelu Lukaku finding his shooting boots with 12 goals and five assists and Alexis Sanchez settling in with the Red Devils, you’d be a brave man to bet against Saturday’s visitors.
Huddersfield vs Manchester United will be televised on BT Sport 2 from 5:30PM in the UK.
Prediction – 1-0 Man Utd.
Suggested tips – Huddersfield vs Manchester United (BET365):
- Correct Score: Huddersfield 0 – Manchester United 1 – (link no longer available)
- Manchester United To Win to Nil – (link no longer available)
Suggested tips – Huddersfield vs Manchester United (SKYBET):
- Scorecast Boost – Huddersfield vs Manchester Utd – Juan Mata to score first and Manchester Utd to win 3-1 – 100/1
- Scorecast Boost (Double Chance) – Huddersfield vs Manchester Utd – Rajiv Van La Parra to score first and either Huddersfield to win 2-1 or Draw 2-2 – 125/1
- Price Boosts – Huddersfield vs Manchester Utd – Alexis Sanchez to score a brace – 10/1
- Proce Boosts – Huddersfield vs Manchester Utd – Romelu Lukaku to score a header – 13/2
Suggested RequestABet Picks – Huddersfield vs Manchester United (SKYBET):
- Match Stat Boost – Huddersfield vs Manchester Utd – Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez 2+ shots on target each – 4/1
- Popular RequestABets – Huddersfield vs Manchester United – BTTS, 1+ corner each team in each half, and 10+ booking points each team – 7/2
- Popular RequestABets – Huddersfield vs Manchester United – Mounie to score a header and Mata to score from outside the area – 200/1
- Popular RequestABets – Huddersfield vs Manchester United – Sanchez to score, Manchester Utd 3-1 and Zanka Jorgensen to be carded – 66/1
- RequestABets Specials 11/1 to 28/1 – Huddersfield vs Manchester United – Lukaku to score, Manchester Utd to win, over 2.5 goals and Lindelof to be carded – 11/1
- RequestABets Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Huddersfield vs Manchester United – Sanchez, Mata & Lukaku to score and Manchester United 3-0 – 50/1
- RequestABets Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Huddersfield vs Manchester United – Mounie to score, Huddersfield to win, BTTS and Billing to be carded – 66/1 (can also be found in RequestABets Specials 80/1 and above).
Odds and markets last updated on February 17 February 2018 @13:05 GMT.
More markets will be added tomorrow afternoon prior to the game kicking off in the evening. Keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and previews for this weekends FA Cup action.