Manchester City vs Chelsea
Sunday 4th Match, 2018
FA Premier League, Etihad Stadium
Sky Sports – Kick-Off 16:00 GMT
Manchester City vs Chelsea – Champions elect Manchester City take on last year’s winners Chelsea at the Etihad Stadium.
Fresh from lifting the Carabao Cup, City will be want to ensure they secure the Premier League title. Having led the way for so long, it’s important City don’t lose focus as they enter the final push. Pep Guardiola’s men have been fully deserving of the league title this year, but beating the current champions may be necessary to seal their success. City currently sit at the top of the division, 13 points clear of Manchester United. They do have a game in hand, which they play against Arsenal this Thursday at the Emirates.
Chelsea will be reeling after losing 2-1 at Old Trafford. Antonio Conte’s side were in pole position after taking the lead, but goals from Romelu Lukaku and Jesse Lingard saw United turn things around. That results left the champions in fifth, two points behind Tottenham and four behind Liverpool. With the same number of games played, Chelsea can’t afford to lose this match. With another round with Barcelona to come in the Champions League, securing a top-four finish is vital for their season. Willian has been in good form recently, having scored first in both his last two games. He and Eden Hazard have matched the shortfall left by the club’s toothless attackers. Alvaro Morata made his first start in six weeks and looked like a striker short of fitness and confidence.
City have won two of their last five games against Chelsea. The Blues have won the other three, including the last meeting at the Etihad. City last beat Chelsea at home in 2015 as they went on to win the league that season. Similarly, Chelsea were the champions as they are now.
Michael Oliver has been selected to referee this match. He has an average booking points total of 38.7, the fourth highest in the league. He has reffereed the most games in the division this season, averaging 3.4 yellow cards and 0.2 red cards per game.
This is a huge game. Chelsea could make a huge statement with a victory here, in a game they dare not lose. For City, another win would all but seal their fourth league title. Therefore, I’m going for a narrow home win. I think BTTS and City to win is a good bet, with BTTS and over 2.5 goals a safer option.
Manchester City vs Chelsea will be televised in the UK live on Sky Sports with kick-off at 16:00 GMT.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-1 Chelsea
Suggested tips – Manchester City vs – Chelsea – (BET365):
- Correct score, 2-1 Manchester City – (link no longer available).
Suggested tips – Manchester City vs – Chelsea – (SKYBET):
- BTTS and City to win – 2/1.
- Aguero and Hazard to both score – 6/1.
- Willian to score first – 11/1.
- BTTS and over 2.5 goals – 11/10.
RequestABet tips – Manchester City vs – Chelsea – (SKYBET):
- Popular RequestABets – Manchester City vs Chelsea – BTTS, 2+ corners each team in each half and 30+ Chelsea booking pts – 12/1
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 to 66/1 – Manchester City vs Chelsea – De Bruyne & Hazard each to score from outside the area – 150/1
- @FootyAccums RequestABets – Manchester City vs Chelsea – Sane & Hazard to score and Otamendi, Moses, Fabragas to be carded – 200/1
- RequestABet Specials 80/1 to 66/1 – Manchester City vs Chelsea – De Bruyne & Willian each to score from outside the area – 100/1
- RequestABet Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Manchester City vs Chelsea – Sane & Willian to score, over 2.5 goals and 4+ corners each team – 33/1
- @FootyAccums RequestABets – Manchester City vs Chelsea – Aguero & Willian to score and Gundogan & Alonso to be carded – 100/1
- RequestABet Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Manchester City vs Chelsea – Hazard to score, Chelsea to win, BTTS, 3+ corners each team and 20+ Manchester City booking pts – 33/1
- RequestABet Specials 33/1 to 66/1 – Aguero to score 2+ goals, 10+ match corners, and Otamendi & Fabregas to be carded – 50/1.
- Match Stat Price Boost – Leroy Sane and Willain 1+ shots on target each – 3/1
- RequestABet Specials up to 10/1 – Draw and 4+ corners – 9/1.
- RequestABet Specials up to 10/1 – BTTS, 4+ corners each team and 20+ booking points each team – 8/1
Odds and markets last updated on Sunday 4 March 2018 @15:45 GMT.
More markets will be added later today prior to the game kicking off on Sunday afternoon. Keep visiting the tips and preview area for further updates and previews for this weekends fixtures.